Thank you to all the members and speakers who helped make the 2019 FHT Training Congress a resounding success. The event is one of our highlights each year, as it’s a chance for us to meet members old and new and to offer them quality CPD with some of the best speakers and training providers in the therapy world.
The 2019 FHT Training Congress took place alongside Holistic Health, on Sunday 19 and Monday 20 May at the NEC in Birmingham. Hundreds of delegates joined us for two full days of CPD, with a packed schedule of 29 talks from some of the most well-known and well-respected speakers in the industry. Our expert speakers delivered seminars on a wide-range of interesting topics, including Ayurveda, Thai yoga massage, reflexology, brainwave music, ScarWork, Hudson Mind Theory, guided meditation, trigger point therapy and dry cupping.
In addition, several talks looked at how therapies could be adapted to support people with a range of medical conditions, including cancer, dementia, anxiety, autism, arthritis, rheumatism, lymphoedema, fibromyalgia and sacroiliac joint dysfunction.
Practical business advice was also available, with speakers offering tips on working closer with the NHS, attracting new clients, marketing offline, blogging, and setting up a social enterprise.
We had a stand within the main Holistic Health Show and were delighted to chat with many existing and new FHT members who stopped by to say hello or to enquire about the benefits of joining the FHT. Free goodie bags were given away, visitors had the opportunity to purchase items from the FHT Shop, and new members were able to join our expanding therapy community.
Thank you to all those who provided feedback on this year’s Training Congress. This information is extremely valuable to us, as we are committed to making our CPD offerings as relevant and informative as possible.
We’re are delighted to share a few comments with you:
- ‘Thank you. It was really well organised over the two days.’
- ‘The [FHT] staff were very friendly.’
- ‘Thanks as ever for your fabulous support and being your wonderful selves’
- ‘It was so lovely to meet you all today. Thank you for the invitation to give a presentation on Functional Reflex Therapy framework. It was a lovely morning’
- ‘It was fantastic to be invited to speak at the FHT Congress today at the NEC in Birmingham and to deliver a talk on the integration of dry cupping within sports massage and therapy. Thank you for the invite.’
- ‘Thanks for your help with organising the delegates yesterday – great job.’
- ‘Thank you for inviting us and asking Julie Crossman to speak, we thoroughly enjoyed it.’
- ‘What a fun day!’
Congratulations to this year’s feedback prize draw winner, Vaseem Gill. Vaseem has won an Affinity Portable Flexible Massage Table and Stool.
Help us to plan future education events…
If you attended the training congress and are yet to provide us feedback about the talks you attended, please email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org writing ‘Training Congress’ in the subject box.