As a member of the FHT, your Winter issue of International Therapist will be arriving soon!
In this issue, you will find:
A special feature on our winners of our first Green Therapy Practice of the Year Award, Anne Bramley and Helen Saunders from Wellbeing at Whistlewood. We also take a look at our 2020 FHT Excellence Award Winners who are helping to raise the bar in therapy training and practice.
- Founder of the Wild Swimming community, Rise Fierce, Sophie Hellyer, speaks about the benefits of cold-water immersion and how to swim safely and we hear from FHT members about their love for the hobby.
- A short excerpt from Dr Michael Dixon’s latest book, Time to Heal.
- A look at the most popular hand-held massage tools on the market and where to buy them.
- Anne Ferguson, Peter Mackereth and Ann Carter take a look at infection control and massage.
- Katie Asgari, curriculum team leader at Rotherham College, writes about her work inspiring the next generation of hair and beauty therapists.
- A short step-by-step guide to creating a beeswax wrap gift for your clients.
- Small changes you can make in your therapy practice to support clients who are deaf or hard of hearing.
Plus an essential oil profile on lemongrass, the latest FHT local group news; a day in the life of Jennifer Young, skincare expert and founder of Beauty Despite Cancer; the latest research; expert advice; medical A-Z; and a guest column by Caroline Nokes MP on the importance of complementary therapies during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Landing on your doorstep from Friday 22 January. You can also log in to read this issue (from Friday 22 January) and past issues online at fht.org.uk/members-area.