Action for Happiness (AFH) puts the focus on building good relationships with others, in its Friendly February action calendar.
AFH publishes monthly calendars, offering daily affirmations on the theme of the respective month.
Suggestions for February include the following:
- Send someone a message to say how much they mean to you
- Put away digital devices & really focus on who you’re with
- Respond positively to everyone you meet today
- Do an act of kindness to make life easier for someone else
- Be gentle with someone who you feel inclined to criticise.
The calendar also shares the words of 19th century US writer, and author of the Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Mark Twain, in an inspirational quote: ‘The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer someone else up.