Calling all qualified Body/Sports Massage FHT members. Parkinson’s UK is looking for Volunteer Massage Therapists to support their series of cycling events across the country this summer – can you help?
There will be approximately 250 cyclists taking part to raise money for Parkinson’s UK. But it takes more than pedalling to keep the wheels turning!
- Providing post-race leg massage to cyclists to aid their recovery from the ride. Ideally approximately 20 minutes per cyclist.
- Congratulating cyclists on their achievement and speaking to them about the ride, including any injuries they may have sustained.
What skills do you need?
- Qualified massage therapist
- Must be able to provide copy of qualifications
- Provide current copy of public liability insurance (preferred but not essential)
Where and when is it?
- Date: Sunday 4 June 2017
- Venue: Stratford Racecourse, Stratford upon Avon
- Schedule: The event starts at 9am, with 3 distances; 19, 40 and 57 miles. Shifts will last for 5 hours – commencing at 10.30am and ending at 3.30-4pm.
They are committed to ensuring that no volunteer should find themselves out of pocket because of expenses incurred when carrying out activities on their behalf. As a volunteer, you can claim out of pocket expenses in line with Parkinson’s UK’s Volunteer Expenses Policy. They will also provide a sandwich lunch.
For more information and to take part please contact : Holly Hearn at firstname.lastname@example.org