Best in therapy practice and education recognised with 2016 FHT Excellence Awards
We’d like to say a very big ‘Thank you!’ to all those members and other special guests who joined us today as we celebrated the achievements of our 2016 FHT Excellence Award winners and finalists.
Now in its sixth year, the FHT’s Excellence Awards serve to shine a spotlight on those setting the bar in therapy education and practice, helping to raise the profile of complementary, holistic beauty and sports therapies.
As always, we were overwhelmed by the number of excellent nominations received this year, with 21 finalists announced in August, across six different categories. The winners, one highly commended and a special recognition were then announced and presented with a special award at our 2016 FHT Members’ Lunch, held on 26 October, at the One Whitehall Place, London:
- FHT Complementary Therapist of the Year (Winner) – Michael Morris;
- FHT Complementary Therapist of the Year (Highly Commended) – Susan Quayle;
- FHT Beauty Therapist of the Year (Winner) – Angela Wheat;
- FHT Sports Therapist of the Year (Winner) – Nicholas Flanagan;
- FHT Student of the Year (Winner) – Lorraine Ryder;
- FHT Tutor of the Year (Winner) – Elaine Wilkins;
- FHT Employee of the Year (Special Recognition) – Complementary Therapy Team, Velindre Cancer Centre.
In addition, Dr Peter Mackereth received a special FHT President’s Award for his outstanding contribution to integrated healthcare and the complementary therapy industry.
A warm and much deserved ‘Congratulations!’ to our 2016 winners and finalists, and a special thank you to everyone who entered this year’s awards. Please keep up the excellent work you do in helping to support the health and well-being of the nation and do consider entering our 2017 FHT Excellence Awards (to be announced).
Here’s a few early photos from the day:
With thanks to our sponsors: