Fabrice Muamba and Bolton Wanderers Football Club are working with Arrhythmia Alliance to unite clubs against sudden cardiac arrest with the launch of ‘Hearts & Goals’
In March 2012, Fabrice (at only 23) collapsed suddenly with Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) during a televised FA Cup match.
SCA is the UK’s biggest killer:
- 100,000 people are killed from sudden cardiac death in the UK every year
- That is more people than breast cancer, lung cancer and Aids combined
- Administering CPR only saves the lives of 5% who suffer SCA
- CPR with a defibrillator massively increases the survival rate from 5% to 50%
- Without immediate use of a defibrillator and CPR, Fabrice would not have survived.