Research shows that sleep can have a huge impact on our health. If you or anyone you know is having trouble sleeping, why not share with them some of the features linked below which highlight how complementary therapies can encourage a good night’s sleep.
- FHT contributed a five-page feature article to a special sleep magazine by Calm Moment, publishers of In the Moment magazine. In the feature we look at how natural therapies can improve sleep, particularly aromatherapy, massage, hypnotherapy, reiki and reflexology.
- A study on rose essential oil and sleep, published in Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice in 2014.
- Research on Sweedish massage being used to improve sleep was carried out by experts from Teeside University and the University of Leeds in 2017.
- A systematic review published by the European Journal of Integrative Medicine in 2017 shows some positive results for the use of lavender aroma inhalation to improve sleep.
- ‘Reset your rhythm’, an excerpt on sleep from Dr Chatterjee’s book, The Stress Solution.
- An FHT blog on sleep, published in 2020.
- A list of sleep mediation apps and podcasts by Calm Moment.
- Deliciously Ella podcast on ‘why we sleep’ with Matthew Walker.
Have any of these resources had a positive impact on you or a client? We would love to know more, please email our Deputy Editor Leanne Sheill at firstname.lastname@example.org.