As the third lockdown continues, along with the impact on spa therapists, their businesses and their clients, award-winning therapist trainer, Jennifer Young, launches more free educational resources to help practitioners deliver therapies safely, whilst protecting the interests of their clients and themselves.
This month, Jennifer and her team have added to their library of free resources with new webinars aimed at empowering therapists and beauty practitioners with the information and knowledge that they need to protect themselves and care for vulnerable clients, in particular those living with, being treated for or recovering from cancer.
Webinars include discussions on:
- 13th January: An Idiot’s Guide to Infection Control – a very much reduced risk assessment course
- 20th January: Essential Oils for those affected by cancer
- 27th January: Cancer Treatment and Scalp Care
- 3rd February: Scalp Care Tips from the experts
- 10th February: Menopause – the unexpected side-effect of cancer treatment
- 17th February: Treatment related infertility
- 24th February: Nail care during cancer treatment
- 3rd March: Focus on self-help – Jennifer talks to expert guests
- 10th March: Feet and Chemotherapy
- 17th March: Acupressure in practice – Jennifer talks to an expert guest
- 24th March: Using essential oils for positivity
- 31st March: Live Q&A with Jennifer Young and guests
Jennifer said, ‘2020 has not changed the need for meaningful wellbeing practices for individuals, especially those who are vulnerable, it has simply highlighted the need even further and resulted in even more people desperate for support.
‘Therapists play a vital, and often undervalued, role in our society, and it’s crucial that we give them the tools they need to protect themselves as well as to deliver the nurturing care that they are so passionate about providing to their clients. That is something we all need available to us, especially at times when our mental and physical wellbeing is challenged.’
FHT members can pay £5 for a certificate of attendance to gain 1 CPD point per hour of the webinar. Alternatively, members can complete a 500 word reflection to gain 5 CPD points, find out more about CPD at fht.org.uk/cpd.