It’s that time again! We’re all putting on our mindfulness caps and deciding what our New Year’s resolutions will be.
If your resolution is to be more active in the community, perhaps now is the time to start a local support group in your area?
FHT Local Support Groups (LSGs) are a valuable hub for our members, students and even the public, where all those with a passion for therapies can meet and hear from speakers on various topics within the fields of complementary, beauty and sports therapy.
Benefits of attending a group include:
- Meeting with other like-minded therapists, students and those interested in their own health and well-being
- Hearing from excellent speakers about the latest therapies and treatments
- Attending local therapy workshops, fairs and events
- Taking part in outings and social events
- Enjoying treatment swaps and sharing best practice
- Feeling part of a large therapy community… and having fun!
Why should you do it?
It’s a deeply rewarding experience, a chance to learn something new at every meeting, and meet new friends and contacts. Here’s what some of our current coordinators have to say about running a group:
“Being a Coordinator for the Hertfordshire Local Support Group means I am liaising with and meeting so many interesting people who are also passionate about holistic therapies and natural wellness. It is rewarding helping to source speakers for our meetings and I am looking forward to seeing many attendees at our planned evenings throughout the year.”
– Rowenna Clifford, Joint Coordinator, Hertfordshire LSG
“I am a local Support Group Co-ordinator as I believe the Support Group Network provides invaluable support for therapists who often work in isolation. The Group meetings and contact gives all therapists local to me the opportunity to network, share concerns and successes, and attend interesting talks. My support group is a friendly and caring bunch of Therapists and I really enjoy sharing with the lovely therapists who attend my Group.”
– Carole Roberts, Joint Coordinator, Wrexham LSG
“Running a FHT Local Support Group keeps me in touch with other local therapists as well as being able to help those looking for a bit of encouragement, especially but not just solely those just starting. It’s amazing the amount of varying information around that can all go into helping us grow as therapists and it’s great when people take different things on board.”
– Liz Cox, Joint Coordinator, Hampshire Waterlooville LSG
Ready to dive in? You can read more about becoming an LSG coordinator on our website. Coordinators must be full FHT members, so if you haven’t already, join us now!