Ayurveda is an ancient Indian holistic system, based on achieving physical and mental harmony with nature and has been practised for more than 5,000 years. Ayurveda quite literally translates as ‘science of life’ (‘Ayu’ meaning life and ‘Veda’ meaning science), and was first recorded in the Vedas, the world’s oldest surviving literature.
One component of this system with numerous benefits is Ayurvedic massage. We help Natural Health magazine readers ease into this relaxing and re-balancing therapy with a full page feature, detailing what to expect during an Ayurvedic massage treatment session and how it can form part of a more holistic lifestyle.
Read our Ayurvedic massage feature here.
Calling all qualified sports massage FHT members. Parkinson’s UK is looking for volunteer massage therapists to support their series of cycling events across the country this summer – can you help?
There will be approximately 250 cyclists taking part to raise money for Parkinson’s UK. But it takes more than pedalling to keep the wheels turning!
- Providing post-race leg massage to cyclists to aid their recovery from the ride. Ideally approximately 20 minutes per cyclist.
- Congratulating cyclists on their achievement and speaking to them about the ride, including any injuries they may have sustained.
What skills do you need?
Where and when is it?
- Dates: 2 July and 6 August, 2017
- 2 July – Ripley Castle, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG3 3AY
- 6 August – Torbrex Farm Road, Stirling, FK8 2PA
- Schedule: The event starts at 9am, with 3 distances; 19, 40 and 57 miles. Shifts will last for 5 hours – commencing at 10.30am and ending at 3.30-4pm.
They are committed to ensuring that no volunteer should find themselves out of pocket because of expenses incurred when carrying out activities on their behalf. As a volunteer, you can claim out of pocket expenses in line with Parkinson’s UK’s Volunteer Expenses Policy. They will also provide a sandwich lunch.
For more information and to take part please contact : Julia Selby, Events Project Manager – Cycling, Parkinson’s UK. T: 020 7963 9312 E: email@example.com