At Integrative Oncology UK 21 on Saturday 15 May, oncologists, doctors, researchers, nurses, therapists and patients will discuss and share knowledge on the benefits of taking a holistic, person-centred, evidence-informed integrative approach to cancer care that utilises mind and body practices, nutrition, natural products, and lifestyle modifications alongside conventional cancer treatments.
The online event aims to provide delegates with a strategic toolkit of practical take-home advice to help better support people in their care and ultimately optimise patient outcomes and long-term health.
Expert speakers include:
- Dr Catherine Zollman, GP, medical lead of Penny Brohn UK cancer charity and fellow in Integrative Medicine from the University of Arizona, UK.
- Prof Robert Thomas, consultant oncologist at Addenbrooke’s and Bedford Hospitals, a visiting Professor at Cranfield University and a clinical teacher at Cambridge University, UK (read an article Prof Thomas wrote for International Therapist about a natural balm that protects patients’ nails during chemotherapy)
- Dr Jacqui Stringer, clinical and research lead for the Complementary Health & Wellbeing Services, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester.
- Dr Carol Granger, registered nutrition practitioner, herbalist and co-chair and trustee of the Research Council for Complementary Medicine (RCCM).
- Dr Elizabeth Thompson, CEO and holistic doctor, National Centre for Integrative Medicine (NCIM), UK.
Looking to attend?
FHT members can access an early bird rate for bookings made up until 5 May – when registering for your ticket, simply enter the code FHT-10 when prompted. For more information and to register your place, visit Integrative Oncology UK